Sunday, January 31, 2010

Parmesan cheese and raw eggs ....

No I'm not trying a new recipe. This is what I found all over my kitchen floor the other day thanks to my two year old! My little man is way more active than my older two were. I don't remember them opening my refrigerator. I don't remember them pulling chairs over to the counter and climbing in the sink. I don't remember them going into every single cabinet they possibly could. Either my memory is shot to hell, or they were just different ... (I'm going to go with they were just different!)

Now before you go calling CPS on me, I have childproofed my home. I have the plastic door knobs on almost every door in the house. I learned the hard way that Michael could open the front door!! I have latches on certain cabinets, including the one under the sink that houses all my cleaning supplies. I keep anything and everything that I possibly can out of his reach. I work from home and my little guy stays home with me. One of the things I love most about working from home is being here for my kids. But as Michael becomes more and more active, I am starting to think long and hard about my childcare options (more to come on that.) In the meantime, I am learning a hard lesson in childproofing! I took certain things for granted (like the fact that he ignored the refrigerator, the pantry and other easily accessible cabinets.)

So lesson learned. It took my coming down the stairs to find raw eggs and Parmesan cheese all over my kitchen floor to learn it, but thank God it wasn't anything worse than that.

What products do you use to childproof your home? Any recommendations? What do you like best about x brand versus y? Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment