Monday, March 29, 2010

Empty Nest

My daughter is off on a week-long trip with her class. She's been on this trip before. In fact, she went on the exact same trip last year. Since we bought a house and moved, she changed school districts and has the fortunate experience of going on a similar trip twice. This is much to my dismay as I had to fork over $200 both times, but I digress ....

My dirt bag husband and I are going through a separation and divorce. He's been taking the kids every other weekend, leaving me in this really big house all alone. Alone? As a mom of three I am pretty much NEVER alone. I have found myself feeling really lonely when my kids are not here. I miss them. Despite the constant chaos and total lack of "me" time, I genuinely miss my kids when they are not around. I guess I am preparing myself for empty nest syndrome when they get older and fly the coop.

;(

No comments:

Post a Comment