Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas with my BFF

I spent Christmas Day with my best friend in the whole world. I know I sound like I'm five by saying that, but she truly is. We have known each other since we were in kindergarten. Our friendship has weathered many moves, (including a few out of state), marriage, kids, divorce & death. You name it and we've been through it together. She's been my rock during this really low point in my life, and didn't miss a beat when I told her I didn't have the kids for Christmas.

"You're coming to my house then" she said matter of factly.
"Are you sure it won't be weird?" I asked in typical Courtney fashion.
"You are MY family. No it will not be weird."

And with that, I ended up at her place - on time, the first guest to arrive I might add - for Christmas Day dinner. And she was right - it was not weird at all. We ate like kings, drank like fish, laughed out loud and watched in awe at the spectacle that is family coming together on Christmas. It truly was a great time and I did not feel uncomfortable in the slightest. I was grateful to be a part of a special day with a special friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment