Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My contribution to WTH Wednesday ...

Today was definitely a "WTH" kind of day for me, so I thought I'd partake in WTH Wednesday!

My youngest son turned 3 years old today. While I couldn't have asked for a better just before Christmas present, I cannot believe 3 years have flown by!! Makes me a little weepy. WTH?!

I had planned to take my little man to the toy store today to pick out a new toy truck for his birthday. Well, prior to that we had to take care of my car. It's old and needs a little TLC every now and again. So today we took the car for an oil change, two new tires and a wash. Something went awry at the car wash because it stopped working while we were going through it. Yup, just came to a standstill as my car was going through (I was in the car with the birthday boy when this happened mind you!) Maybe the equipment was being temperamental because of this subzero weather we're experiencing here. I get that. And it wasn't a huge deal because the workers quickly pressed some sort of panic button and got the car wash moving again. I was the only car there so no harm done. But honestly - WTH!?!?

The car was bought used and the driver's side mirror has been a little wobbly for a while. I ignored it because it wasn't a big deal. Today it became a big deal when said mirror came loose in the car wash!!!! WTH!!! I'm a regular at this particular car wash and every time I go there they politely remind me that my mirror is loose. Thanks guys. Two of the workers attempted to put it back on, but then shook their heads and said the screws were no good. Um, ok great. Needless to say I left the car wash with my driver's side mirror dangling off. Little man and I did not make it to the toy store as I was too embarrassed and somewhat afraid to drive the car with a broken mirror. :(

My ex brother-in-law called today. WTH!? Actually he called to wish his godson a happy birthday. We had a good conversation so it was all good. :)

That's all I got. Hope your Wednesday was less wacky than mine!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the car wash stopped while you were in it. I can just imagine my kids' reactions. It would not have been pretty. I hope you got the mirror fixed. I hate to think of you trapped without transportation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite the scene! Michael didn't know how to react. Mirror did get fixed, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete