Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Independence Day!


I've always loved the fourth of July. The BBQs, the parades, the fireworks, and most importantly honoring the brave men and women who fought their bums off to make this nation free.

A very good friend of mine made a comment today that struck a chord with me. She said that this year the holiday was symbolic for me, because this year I am able to celebrate my own independence. I had not thought of that, but she's right. Although not final or official by any means, this fourth of July is indeed a symbol of my newfound independence. I haven't been truly independent in a very long time. And despite the pain and hardship caused by my current situation, there is some good that will come from it. I will emerge from this stronger than ever before. I will be able to proclaim my independence.

Happy 4th everyone! Be safe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment