Sunday, July 18, 2010

A party by the lake ....

I spent the day at Pinewood Lake here in Trumbull, CT today as part of an au pair event. My current job as a local coordinator has me conducting monthly meetings with a fabulous group of au pairs. This month one of my very own host families opened up their home to our group and beyond for a party by the lake. I had never even heard of a water trampoline until this party. Ha! We had a great turnout. I brought my kids with me, and a whole bunch of au pairs and even a host family or two attended. It was loads of fun to say the least.

I'd say the highlight of the day was my seven year old son clogging the family's downstairs toilet and causing a minor flood in the bathroom. Yepper. Fun times. Thankfully it was contained and the host dad (after blurting out a few expletives) managed to plunge it back to normalcy. Sigh. Why me?! 

I am truly beat. The sun is a powerful beast and spending all day in it has taken its toll on me. 

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment