Sunday, June 27, 2010

Its the little things ...

I mentioned in my last post that the kids have only been on summer break for a short time and I'm already at a point of wanting to tear my hair out. I also mentioned how my daughter was having a double-header sleepover with a friend of hers. The friend is a nice girl, so I must say it was not that bad. But having an extra person in the house was a little disruptive. I mean, come on I already have three kids to deal with! But visiting child was totally fine. She was even helpful at times (more than I can say for my own kids!)

Today I was stressing out. I was running late for a friend's party (I promised to get there early and help setup.) I also had planned to get a pedicure prior to the party. Since I still had my daughter and her friend with me it turned into spa day for mom and the preteens. Sigh. Not what I intended. Turned out my daughter's pedi was not to her liking so it had to be redone. Extra child's mother was supposed to pick her up at a certain time and since we were running late, the original pick-up time was pushed back by a lot. To make matters worse, extra child's mom was even late for the new pick-up time! I still had to drop my daughter off at her father's house before making my way to the party. Did I mention I was already running late? Double sigh.

Needless to say we finished up at the salon, got back to my house and extra child's mom finally came to pick her up. And she came bearing gifts. She gave me money to cover the cost of her child's pedicure, chocolate truffles for the kids, and a bouquet of flowers for me! I absolutely adore fresh flowers. They smell so great and make me smile just looking at them. It was a totally unexpected, yet extremely pleasant surprise! She thanked me for being so sweet by allowing her daughter to stay with us for two days. I smiled and said it was no big deal at all. Sometimes its little tokens of appreciation like this that make it all worth it  .... :)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful ending! And you get to wake up tomorrow and just stare at them while enjoying the scent.

    ReplyDelete